General Electric Healthcare
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer 2006 – 2010
- Acknowledged global expert for glass processes and materials.
- Led transfer of component manufacturing operations to India. Developed mentor relationship with Indian colleagues to increase glass knowledge on-site for processing and design considerations.
- Taught basics of Glass Technology to Manufacturing and Design Engineering teams. Introduced fracture analysis concepts into their process.
- Led international team in Europe for yield and process improvements. Drove new design concepts from Europe through supplier process development.
- Led team to design and implement new equipment for component assembly operations.
- Solved an internal metal casting porosity problem and developed a rework process to save components. Scrap reduction of over $500K annually and yield improvement from 72% to 96%.
- Developed particle counting equipment to a viable process control mechanism, driving process improvements both internally at at supplier operations.