Dunlee, Division of Philips Medical Systems
Director, Supplier Development 2004 – 2006
- Maintained close interface with overseas corporate management team to drive supplier consolidations and cost reductions.
- Achieved 15% cost reductions for critical tube components from global suppliers.
Manager, Manufacturing Technology Development 2000 – 2004
- Led the implementation of processes and procedures to realize a ten-fold increase in the refurbishing and reuse of x-ray tube component parts. Achieved annual savings approaching $ 1 million.
- Started a Value Engineering initiative to achieve cost reductions in design, manufacturing and purchasing.
Manager, Manufacturing Engineering 1997 – 2000
- Managed the introduction of new processes into the manufacturing facility for the production of metal X-ray tubes in addition to standard glass tubes.
- Managed the capital investment budget of $ 4 million annually to cover manufacturing and engineering activities.
Technical Staff Engineer, X-ray tube manufacturing 1995 – 1997
- Developed yield tracking systems and managed yield improvements achieving over 94% for all tube types. Team solved glass cracking problem, found root causes for tube noise and electrical arcing conditions, and developed component cleaning processes.
- Recognized as global glass expert for processes and materials and developed suppliers and technical resources for increased capabilities.